Monday, May 24, 2010

Switching Gears

Friends,

I just shot off my last paper a few hours ago to complete my graduate studies in education. It feels pretty good to finally be done after three years! I've got lots to look forward to now, including a best friend's wedding in Washington DC, an expedition up Denali, a trip to Western Canada to see my best amigos from the Aconcagua110 expedition, a week in Nantucket to decompress, and then a journey across the country with my brother, Tom, to start a new chapter out in Southern California. If this isn't living I don't know what is!
I also just got word that my guide and friend from Mt. Elbrus, Vern Tejas, just reached the summit of Mt. Everest for the tenth time! I will see him in a few weeks when he guides the Denali expedition. Man, talk about stamina...
I will be spending these final weeks ramping up my training in order to get my legs strong for the expedition. I hope everyone is well! 'Till next time, Mike out.

No comments:

Post a Comment