Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Some details

The Denali expedition starts June 13 and I'll be climbing with Alpine Ascents International for the third time. I can't say enough about this company! They are truly the best and I understand why they have been named the "Best Adventure Company on Earth." I am extremely lucky that I will be climbing Denali with Vernon Tejas, one of the world's best mountaineers. I climbed Mt. Elbrus with him last summer, and as soon as I heard he was guiding the June 13 AAI trip to Denali I sent out an email within minutes securing a spot on the team. It doesn't get much better than this, my friends!
I want to thank Jim Bennett and Jon Sonneborn of Reallygoodstuff (Reallygoodstuff.com) for believing in this project and helping me get from place to place. It wouldn't be possible without them.
My plan is to climb the Seven Summits, raise money for Save the Children's CHANGE Initiative which combats childhood obesity in this country, then give presentations to kids about eating right, exercising, staying healthy, and going after dreams. I hope you all will come along for the ride. It's gonna be a good one!
'Til next time. Mike out.

My sites:
facebook page: Seven Summits for Save the Children
donation page: www.firstgiving.com/michaelfanning

No comments:

Post a Comment